The facilities of the Academy have been adapted to comply with the safety and hygiene protocols established by health authorities. Thanks to synergy with QuirónSalud (healthcare partner of the Academy), during the last few months, the Rafa Nadal Academy by Movistar has been considered a success story by the press and international institutions, and an example of safety and trust thanks to its management during the health crisis caused by COVID-19.
Below are some of the safety measures that will be implemented to prevent COVID-19 contagion during the coming summer months:
- The facilities of the Academy have been adapted to comply with the safety and hygiene protocols established by health authorities. Increased frequency of disinfection and general cleaning, limitation of capacity in communal areas and the design of circuits guaranteeing the minimum safe distance are some of the measures which make up the protocol which has already been successfully implemented.
- Our team has received comprehensive training, allowing them to apply the protocols for safety and prevention of infection recommended in each area of action. They are also responsible for teaching young people, conveying the importance of respecting the stipulated measures to keep them and others healthy.
- All our clients must respect the health measures implemented in the installation. Frequent disinfection of hands and the use of masks in areas where minimum safe distances cannot be guaranteed is obligatory.
- At the Rafa Nadal Academy we have the collaboration of QuirónSalud, a medical centre of reference in Spain, for the implementation of health protocols and assistance for players who need to visit a medical specialist.
- To guarantee a safe environment, all players who book a junior programme which includes accommodation must submit an Antigen Test or Negative PCR Test taken within 48 hours prior to their arrival. Players who cannot take the Test in their city of origin may take it upon arrival at our facilities. The Academy will bear the cost of the Antigen Test, offering store credit in the shop to clients who bring one taken in their city of origin. Likewise, a free (voluntary) Antigen Test is offered to all adult guests who have booked a sports programme.