The facilities of the Academy have been adapted to comply with the safety and hygiene protocols established by health authorities. Thanks to synergy with QuirónSalud (healthcare partner of the Academy) the Rafa Nadal Academy by Movistar has been considered a success story by the press and international institutions, and an example of safety and trust thanks to its management during the health crisis caused by COVID-19.
It has also obtained the seal "Safe COVID-19 Protocol by Quirónsalud" issued by Applus +. This seal certifies the quality and efficiency of the Academy's work processes to guarantee the safety and well-being of all its players. We are very proud of our human team, which has obtained the experience and knowledge necessary to develop a protocol that guarantees a safe stay and sports practice in our facilities.
To guarantee a safe environment, all players and guests of the Rafa Nadal Academy by Movistar must comply with the health measures approved by the Government of the Balearic Islands, which include restrictions on the entry of passengers to Mallorca.
The preventive measures associated with the current pandemic for our players enrolled in the Junior Programs will be confirmed by the Players Desk team before the arrival of the players and their families, according to the context upon arrival.
Below are some of the safety measures that have been implemented to prevent COVID-19 contagion:
- The facilities of the Academy have been adapted to comply with the safety and hygiene protocols established by health authorities. Increased frequency of disinfection and general cleaning, limitation of capacity in communal areas and the design of circuits guaranteeing the minimum safe distance are some of the measures which make up the protocol which has already been successfully implemented.
- Our team has received comprehensive training, allowing them to apply the protocols for safety and prevention of infection recommended in each area of action. They are also responsible for teaching young people, conveying the importance of respecting the stipulated measures to keep them and others healthy.
- All our clients must respect the health measures implemented in the installation. Frequent disinfection of hands and the use of masks in areas where minimum safe distances cannot be guaranteed is obligatory.
- At the Rafa Nadal Academy we have the collaboration of QuirónSalud, a medical centre of reference in Spain, for the implementation of health protocols and assistance for players who need to visit a medical specialist.
- Over the last few months, the Rafa Nadal Academy by Movistar has been considered a success story by the press and international institutions, and an example of safety and trust. During the health crisis, the Academy established safety protocols which allowed the health of the 93 young people who were confined in its facilities to be safeguarded.
Certified protocol against COVID-19 APPlus+: